FW: Easter, Latest Investigation & Twitter

Ottawa Animal Defense League

Apr 17, 2011, 9:22:53 AM4/17/11
to Susan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOCIXKsJWE&feature=channel_video_title

top_shadow.jpg

April 16, 2011

right_shadow.jpg
cetfalogo 2

Canadians for Ethical Treatment of Food Animals (CETFA) is an investigative and educational organization established to examine intensive farming practices, including the transportation and slaughter of animals forced to exist in this system.

 piglet
Piglets in Canadian factory farm

Dear CETFA Supporters,

CETFA investigators recently concluded an investigation into conditions in Canadian barns that spanned 4 provinces.  The footage covers nearly all species of farm animals and shows patterns of abuse, neglect and cruelty.

What stands out most dramatically is the lack of care provided to these animals (turkeys and market-weight pigs in particular) .  They are very simply warehoused – put into the barns as young animals and provided water, feed, light and minimal ventilation by automated systems.

There also appear to be few mortality management plans in these operations – dead animals are left in with live animals and were in varying stages of decomposition.

More concerning, there also appears to be no care for suffering and dying animals and no euthanization programs in effect.  We documented numerous downer, dying animals left to fend for themselves.  These animals slowly starved to death, were picked on and tormented by the others, were continually harassed by biting horse flies and house flies laying eggs/maggots in their wounds, or eaten alive by rats.

Using two of these cases, we created a video titled When Planning Easter Dinner This Year...  You can watch it here.

We are working on a report summarizing our findings.  It will be posted on our website shortly.

In an effort to help spread factual information about what's happening in Canada's factory farms we've opened a Twitter account.  You can sign up to receive our tweets here.
Thank you for standing with us in defending Canada's farm animals.

                                                                TwylaSignatureEnews
Twyla and the CETFA Team

P.O. Box 18024, 2225 West 41st Ave.
Vancouver, BC  V6M 4L3
www.cetfa.com
Email: ca...@cetfa.com
footer_000000.jpg

Click to view this email in a browser

Click here to forward this email to a friend

Canadians for the Ethical Treatment of Food Animals
2225 West 41st Avenue
Vancouver, B.Cc V6M 4L3
CA
Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!