[Boycott GoFundMe...] Canadian 'Freedom Convoy' lawyers demand GoFundMe lift frozen funds

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 10, 2022, 2:25:38 PM2/10/22
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadian-freedom-convoy-gofundme-lift-
frozen-funds

Legal counsel retained by the Freedom Convoy 2022 in Canada is demanding
that GoFundMe lift the ban on the organization after the crowdfunding site
shut down their fundraising page.

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, a Calgary-based nonprofit
law firm that has also represented other clients resisting government
COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine mandates, announced Thursday that it is
representing the Freedom Convoy 2022 in Ottawa and has a team of lawyers
on the ground providing legal assistance and advice.

"The Justice Centre legal team is working on behalf of Convoy organizers
to ensure all funds raised by GoFundMe are released to the truckers for
their intended purpose," the law firm said in a statement.

GOFUNDME FREEZES CANADIAN ‘FREEDOM CONVOY’ PAGE AFTER IT RAISES $10M

"The funds from GoFundMe will be used to cover the costs of the convoy,
specifically food, fuel, lodging, and other necessary related expenses,"
the law firm continued. "The Justice Centre is not receiving any funding
from the trucker's GoFundMe, and operates entirely on private donations
from Canadians across the country."

THOUSANDS OF CHURCHES RAISE ALARM ABOUT SCOPE OF NEW CANADIAN ‘CONVERSION
THERAPY’ BAN

GoFundMe paused the fundraising page for the Freedom Convoy 2022 after it
surpassed $10 million Wednesday.

"This fundraiser is currently paused and under review to ensure it
complies with our terms of service and applicable laws and regulations,"
read a notice at the top of the convoy's GoFundMe page. "Our team is
working 24/7 and doing all we can to protect both organizers and donors.
Thank you for your patience."

GOFUNDME FOR CANADIAN TRUCKERS APPROACHES $10M, MORE THAN COUNTRY'S
POLITICAL PARTIES RAISED LAST YEAR

The Justice Centre emphasized it was not involved with the organization,
implementation, or planning of the Freedom Convoy, which has snarled
traffic in Ottawa and garnered the ire of authorities such as Ottawa
police Chief Peter Sloly, who suggested that the Canadian military might
have to be called in to disperse it. More truckers are reportedly on their
way to swell the ranks of those remaining in the capital.

Tamara Lich, who helped organize the convoy, said, "We are here out of
love for our families, our communities and our nation. These past two
years, the COVID mandates have divided us."

Lich went on to say that the protest began because of the federal
government’s restrictions on truckers’ freedoms.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

" Our movement has grown in Canada and across the world because common
people are tired of the mandates and restrictions in their own lives that
now seem to be doing more harm than good," she said.

GoFundMe did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Comments:

observer101

Did "Go-Fund-Me" do the same for the George Floyd fund? I am all for
LAW ENFORCEMENT, and I don't agree with BLOCKING ROADWAYS (think BLM,
Antifa, etc), yet these TRUCKERS were merely being SAFE, and their massive
numbers "snarled traffic".... So what, so do many things, so this PROTEST
should be met with indifference by the Police, not by condemnation...(ALL
Police departments and EMPLOYEES of the people should REMAIN A-
Political...) The FUNDING was intended as the LAW FIRM states, and they
should also divide any remaining moneys among the truckers who
participated. (To supplement the loss of "income" that was imposed by the
Canadian Governments ACTIONS") If there is ANY GROUP out there that
SHOULD be free from MANDATES it is the people who work in a "solitary
environment" as the TRUCKERS DO... While making actual contact with their
deliveries, they can wear protective masks, gloves, shields, etc. if they,
or others, are afraid... There is VERY LITTLE chance of them catching the
virus unless they are prone to ignore the safeguards. But then, the SAME
IS TRUE of people who have been vaccinated... I am GLAD to see these
protests, and others around the globe, as these MANDATES do nothing but
harm. (Read the latest John-Hopkins University study)..

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.