[otrs] What are the differences between notifications and emails ?

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

JAOUEN Egareg

未读,
2020年12月4日 11:52:192020/12/4
收件人 User questions and discussions about OTRS.

Hi all !

I have several OTRS servers currently working under version 6. All of them are installed under Fedora OS.

I am using sendmail to manage the email sending and all is well working. But I noticed that the notifications are not sent (or are not received on our outlook email addresses). And it would be better if the notifications can reach my agents…

Yesterday, I have just installed a new OTRS server on another server. I have not yet installed sendmail and I am not able to send email from a ticket in OTRS. That is not a bug for the moment. ;-)

But I received the notifications on my outlook email address about those failed email attempt.

How is it possible ? How notifications can be sent without sendmail installed ? Why notifications are not sent when sendmail is correctly installed and configured to send emails ?

How can I have both working on all my OTRS servers (v6) ?

Thanks !

Egareg JAOUEN

Alvaro Cordero

未读,
2020年12月4日 12:04:172020/12/4
收件人 User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hello,

For notifications to be sent, all otrs jobs must be running (otrs daemon). If it is running, another possible issue is your configuration of the NotificationSenderAddress and NotificationSenderName, if you left it by default it could be something like otrs@localhost or otrs@localdomain and those usually get sent to spam.

You also might need to verify if you are using Postfix or another client to deliver your emails and if it is doing it by itself or using a relay.

Hope it helps

Best Regards

Alvaro Cordero Retana
Consultor de Tecnologias