[otrs] OTRS Can't connect to imap.gmail.com

Gökhan Öner

Nov 30, 2015, 9:45:46 AM11/30/15
to ot...@otrs.org
Hi,

I am trying to use the Postmaster Mail Account service of  OTRS to fetch a mailbox but when i try to connect it with a Google Account it fails with the error Error Message: IMAPS: Can't connect to imap.gmail.com.  I also tried it with IMAPTLS but the error is still same.

I have checked all the security settings in GMail and make them enabled for less secure apps. I have also googled it but cannot find any clear information about it.

Has anyone faced with an error like this ?

Thanks a lot.
--

Gökhan Öner
Information Technology

Diego Chacón

Nov 30, 2015, 9:49:26 AM11/30/15
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.

the gmail account has enable imap?

Can you telnet imap.gmail.com port 993 from cli?

--
Diego Chacón Rojas

Gökhan Öner

Nov 30, 2015, 9:53:43 AM11/30/15
to di...@gridshield.net, User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Yes ,

IMAP enabled at account and i can telnet imap.gmail.com 993 from cli.

Gökhan Öner
Information Technology
Sabancı University

Diego Chacón

Nov 30, 2015, 10:01:58 AM11/30/15
to Gökhan Öner, User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Run otrs.CheckModules.pl in bin directory.

Check Mail::IMAPClient

Yılmaz Bilgili

Nov 30, 2015, 10:04:57 AM11/30/15
to ot...@otrs.org
30-11-2015 16:52 tarihinde Gökhan Öner yazdı:
Yes ,

IMAP enabled at account and i can telnet imap.gmail.com 993 from cli.

Hi,

Did you try to setup the account on Thunderbird? Also you can try it with imap (port 143) instead of imaps.

YB

Diego Chacón

Nov 30, 2015, 10:07:04 AM11/30/15
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Google use imaps

Yılmaz Bilgili

Nov 30, 2015, 10:13:41 AM11/30/15
to ot...@otrs.org
30-11-2015 17:05 tarihinde Diego Chacón yazdı:

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Yılmaz Bilgili <li...@yilmazbilgili.com> wrote:
30-11-2015 16:52 tarihinde Gökhan Öner yazdı:
Yes ,

IMAP enabled at account and i can telnet imap.gmail.com 993 from cli.

Hi,

Did you try to setup the account on Thunderbird? Also you can try it with imap (port 143) instead of imaps.

Google use imaps

Thank you for the info?

Gökhan Öner

Nov 30, 2015, 12:29:01 PM11/30/15
to Diego Chacón, User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Diego,

We have already installed the module.

Mail::IMAPClient.................ok (v3.23)

F Rudijanto

Nov 30, 2015, 7:47:07 PM11/30/15
to User questions and discussions about OTRS., Diego Chacón

Sent fromsf,gTdzs my ASUS

Diego Chacón

Dec 1, 2015, 9:19:32 AM12/1/15
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Gökhan Öner <gokha...@sabanciuniv.edu> wrote:
Hi Diego,

We have already installed the module.

Mail::IMAPClient.................ok (v3.23)

And works?

Do get email and see system logs

Sander Goudswaard

Dec 1, 2015, 10:17:18 AM12/1/15
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.

You also need soms other SSL modules, this is documented  May not be easy to configure ;)

no_signature

Onderwerp: Re: [otrs] OTRS Can't connect to imap.gmail.com

Diego Chacón

Dec 1, 2015, 10:36:35 AM12/1/15
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Try this:

Type: IMAPTLS
Username: us...@gmail.com
Pass:XXXXX

Ugo Bellavance

Dec 12, 2015, 2:06:38 PM12/12/15
to ot...@otrs.org
On 15-11-30 12:28 PM, Gökhan Öner wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> We have already installed the module.
>
> Mail::IMAPClient.................ok (v3.23)

Did you try a packet capture to see if it is a timeout or something else?