[otrs] Customer User creation error

Ekram

Nov 1, 2010, 12:11:59 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi,

I'am having  a problem when try to create customer user from admin panel.
It giving error the following error:

[Error][Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB::CustomerUserAdd][Line:601]: ERROR:  null value in column "pw" violates not-null constraint, SQL: 'INSERT INTO customer_user

I found in the customer user creation panel that password in not taking from the filed.
Please check the attachment. It will clear you.

Is there any customer user configuration needed?

My installation is straight forward using postgres and otrs version 2.4.7

-EKram
customer_user password.png

Nils Leideck - ITSM

Nov 1, 2010, 12:24:59 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Ekram,

it seems your database table customer_user has been created with “NOT NULL” for the “pw” column.
In the default OTRS setup, a password is an optional field. If there is no password given, the user can simply not login.

Please double check your table configuration and change the pw column to allow NULL values.
Cheers, Nils

—
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant
http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project

Ekram

Nov 1, 2010, 12:30:15 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
but the problem is i gave password. But still shows the same error.
Even i dont want to allow null value since null password in unacceptable.
How can i make the customer user passowrd filed mentadory field , i mean not optional.

-Ekram

On 01.11.2010, at 17:11, Ekram wrote:

I'am having� a problem when try to create customer user from admin panel.

It giving error the following error:

[Error][Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB::CustomerUserAdd][Line:601]: ERROR:� null value in column "pw" violates not-null constraint, SQL: 'INSERT INTO customer_user�

I found in the customer user creation panel that password in not taking from the filed.
Please check the attachment. It will clear you.

Is there any customer user configuration needed?
My installation is straight forward using postgres and otrs version 2.4.7

Cheers, Nils

��
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant
http://webint.cryptonode.de�/ a Fractal project

Nils Leideck - ITSM

Nov 1, 2010, 12:36:17 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Ekram,

as said, if the password for an user is empty the user cannot login, so it is not a security issue for you.

However, to make the password field a mandatory field you need to copy the “CustomerUser” configuration from Kernel/Config/Default.pm to your Kernel/Config.pm file.
Within the “Map” configuration you can define if a field is mandatory or if not. This does not change the table of course, but is telling OTRS to check if the field should have a value before sending the statement to the database.

On 01.11.2010, at 17:30, Ekram wrote:

[...]

Ekram

Nov 1, 2010, 12:39:55 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Nil,

i am so glad to you that i found it works for me.
Thanks a lot nil...

-Ekram

On 11/01/2010 10:36 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
[...]

Ekram

Nov 1, 2010, 12:52:55 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Nil,

One more request to you hope you dont mind.
After login to the panel when i wanted to reply the subject is filled with respective conversation.
I dont no why its happen. It should filled with the current coversation subject.

-EKram

Nils Leideck - ITSM

Nov 1, 2010, 1:20:13 PM11/1/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Ekram,

the subject is taken from the email that you select for reply to - like in an email client.

On 01.11.2010, at 17:52, Ekram wrote:

One more request to you hope you dont mind.
After login to the panel when i wanted to reply the subject is filled with respective conversation.
I dont no why its happen. It should filled with the current coversation subject.

-EKram

—
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant

Ekram

Nov 2, 2010, 3:25:19 AM11/2/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Nils

The problem with when i logged into the as a customer account.
in the reply pane the subject remain empty but there should contain a subject
since the message has a subject.
Do i need to configure anything for that?

-Ekram

On 11/01/2010 11:20 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
Hi Ekram,

the subject is taken from the email that you select for reply to - like in an email client.

On 01.11.2010, at 17:52, Ekram wrote:

One more request to you hope you dont mind.
After login to the panel when i wanted to reply the subject is filled with respective conversation.
I dont no why its happen. It should filled with the current coversation subject.

-EKram

��
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant

Ekram

Nov 2, 2010, 5:39:44 AM11/2/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Nils

i added the sreenshot which may clear you that when i selecting ticket responses the composer does not include the subject by default. I have to copy and paste the subject manually which should not be like this. Is there any
configuration need to be changed to add that subject on the reply automatically.

-EKram

On 11/01/2010 11:20 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
Hi Ekram,

the subject is taken from the email that you select for reply to - like in an email client.

On 01.11.2010, at 17:52, Ekram wrote:

One more request to you hope you dont mind.
After login to the panel when i wanted to reply the subject is filled with respective conversation.
I dont no why its happen. It should filled with the current coversation subject.

-EKram

��
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant
subject.png

Michiel Beijen

Nov 2, 2010, 8:14:46 AM11/2/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Hi Ekram,

Short: that's not a feature in OTRS 2.x, but it IS implemented in OTRS 3.
See this recent thread on the forums:
http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6343

--
Mike

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Ekram <e...@vizrt.com> wrote:
> Hi Nils
>
> i added the sreenshot which may clear you that when i selecting ticket
> copy and paste the subject manually which should not be like this. Is there
> any
> configuration need to be changed to add that subject on the reply
> automatically.
>
> -EKram
>
> On 11/01/2010 11:20 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
>
> Hi Ekram,
> the subject is taken from the email that you select for reply to - like in
> an email client.
> On 01.11.2010, at 17:52, Ekram wrote:
>
> One more request to you hope you dont mind.
> After login to the panel when i wanted to reply the subject is filled with
> respective conversation.
> I dont no why its happen. It should filled with the current coversation
> subject.
>
> -EKram
>

> —
> Nils Leideck
> Senior Consultant

> http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project

Solomon

Nov 2, 2010, 8:49:44 AM11/2/10
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
I am wanting to convert working OTRS database from MySQL on one server to SQL database (MS SQL 2005) on another server.

I am sure this has been done before. Could someone steer me in the right direction as to where I may find instructions and anything else that may be helpful?

Thanks,

Solomon