[otrs] Change priority by founding a keyword in text part of a new article ?

JAOUEN Egareg

Jan 15, 2020, 3:46:42 AM1/15/20
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.

Hi all,

My agents would like to know if it is possible to use a keyword in the text of an email to create a new ticket with high priority.

For the moment, all the new tickets have the default priority set on creation. But some customers want to have a way to notify a kind of priority/gravity. Is it possible to use a template email or a keyword and configure the OTRS behavior to set the priority to a high level where the keyword is found in the email body ?

I tried with the Generic Agent and set the parameters as follow :

-          Event Base Execution (single ticket) : Ticket – TicketCreate

-          Select Tickets : Text = #high#

-          Update/Add Ticket Attributes : Set new priority = 5 very high

I sent some emails to test that and I can see in the log that the generic agent is well launched after each email reception, but the priority is not set to 5 – very high, despite the search of the #high# keyword brings me all the new tickets I sent for test. The priority remains on the default value.

Can anyone help me ?

Egareg JAOUEN

Alvaro Cordero

Jan 15, 2020, 9:34:34 AM1/15/20
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.
I think that works well with the postmaster Filters, there is an example in the Admin Manual,

You can use a regular expression in the Filter to find the value you are looking for and then you can either use what you found to be set into a field (dynamicField), etc or having found the value, set attributes into tickets such as SLA, Service, Priority etc.

Regards

Alvaro Cordero Retana
Consultor de Tecnologias
Tel: 22585757 ext 123

JAOUEN Egareg

Jan 16, 2020, 2:56:01 AM1/16/20
to User questions and discussions about OTRS.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I didn’t even notice the “body” item in ‘search header field’ list… So I tried it out and it worked !

But it worked regardless if it is a new ticket or a new article in existing ticket.

As I made tests on Postmaster Filter with another keyword, I tried it on Generic Agent and I saw that “#high” keyword is working where “[high]” keyword is not working.

So, with your help, I resolved my case.

I only use Generic Agent on CreateTicket with keyword “#high” in the subject or the body of the incoming email to set priority to the maximum value.

Thanks,

Egareg JAOUEN