Glitch in RET Slider App of otree-realeffort

salvator...@gmail.com

May 26, 2022, 10:21:44 AM5/26/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for providing the community with a set of real effort tasks among the featured public project of oTree Hub.

I've been playing around with the slider task and I noticed a glitch. I'm not able to reproduce it consistently (in the sense that it occurs for different columns of sliders on different computers) but the glitch occurs on multiple computers and both when using your online demo at https://otree-realeffort.herokuapp.com/demo and a version run on my local machine after downloading and unzipping the files.

The glitch as I see it on the current computer from the online demo is this: the sliders on the left-hand side column are "wiggly" and, when I drag the purple ball on the scale so that the red dot lies at the center of the purple ball, the purple ball does not turn green (meaning that the task was completed successfully). After some experimentation, I figured that I have to drag the purple ball so that the red dot is located at its left edge (rather than right at the center) for the puple ball to turn green. I can imagine participants being frustrated with not being able to complete the task (and not being able to figure out there is a trick, not in line with the given instructions). The sliders work as intended in the other two columns.

Do you or others have the same issue with the demo? Is this something that you can look into and fix?

Thank you and sorry for asking you to do some extra work on a beautiful app (which is beyond mine and many others' javascript abilities) that you donated us!

Salvo

Chris @ oTree

May 26, 2022, 10:30:05 AM5/26/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi Salvo,
Thanks for reporting. I've forwarded this on to the person who coded that app.
Best,
Chris