Reconnect otree and Heroku

Martin Mehl

May 10, 2022, 6:14:53 AM5/10/22
to oTree help & discussion
Unfortunately I deleted my app on Heroku.
Now I want to reconnect otree hub and Heroku. What can i do?
Thanks in advance!

  • Your oTree Studio quota: 10 projects
  • Your server deployment plan: Standard

Chris @ oTree

May 10, 2022, 7:07:08 AM5/10/22
to Martin Mehl, oTree help & discussion
Go to your home page and click “heroku server deployment”. It should either list your available sites, or give instructions on how to connect to heroku. You need to create the site on heroku before you can connect it to oTree Hub.

Sent from my phone

On May 10, 2022, at 6:14 PM, Martin Mehl <maddi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately I deleted my app on Heroku.

Martin Mehl

May 10, 2022, 7:46:18 AM5/10/22
to oTree help & discussion

Thanks Chris for your fast reply!

oTree Hub tells me:

"You don't have any active sites.

For a site to be listed here, you must be the owner, not a collaborator.

To create a Heroku site, log into Heroku and click the button to create a new app (Heroku calls its sites "apps", but each site corresponds to a whole oTree project, not a single oTree app). Then refresh this page."

If i go to Heroku dashboard I see my created apps. I only deployed there the Add-ons "Heroku Postgres" and "Heroku Redis". The Dynos are empty.

Do I have to change there something?

Martin Mehl

May 10, 2022, 8:00:51 AM5/10/22
to oTree help & discussion
Basically I did exactly what this text told me not to do...
How can I fix this?

" After you finish a study, don't delete your site from Heroku, because oTree Hub's registration keys are not reusable. Instead, you should keep your site so that you can run your next study on it."

Chris @ oTree

May 10, 2022, 8:59:18 AM5/10/22
to Martin Mehl, oTree help & discussion
Can you show a screenshot of your sites in your heroku dashboard, and your Heroku page on oTree Hub? (The one you pasted that text from)

Sent from my phone

Martin Mehl

May 11, 2022, 11:24:11 AM5/11/22
to oTree help & discussion

Surprisingly, after I wanted to do the screenshots I got the possibility to reconnect otreehub with heroku.
It shows now my sites thanks!
One thing is still a problem - since I deleted the app/site in Heroku I can't register as private anymore.
See screeenshot attached. Is it possible to delete this private site in otreehub also?

Thanks again!
oTreeHubPrivate.png

Chris @ oTree

May 12, 2022, 12:09:41 AM5/12/22
to oTree help & discussion
Can you send me the email address of your account? i will take care of this.