Quotas for randomization into treatments

krish...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 2:04:41 AM5/11/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hi all

Is there an easy way to have quotas on otree?

Suppose after an attention check, I want to randomize participants who passed the attention check into treatments. However, I want to be able to set up quotas so that I can specify exactly how many people should be randomized into each treatment.

This problem becomes a bit more complicated if people drop out after the attention check because then I need a way to access how many people reached the last page of the survey and modify the quotas accordingly.

Some version of what I said seems to be increasingly common in experiments in economics and would be good if this was a standard feature of otree.

Thank you very much

Regards
Krishna

Chris @ oTree

May 11, 2021, 5:51:38 AM5/11/21
to oTree help & discussion
You can keep track of these quotas with session fields (or participant fields). each time a participant is assigned to a particular treatment, you increment the field. See here for a related question: https://groups.google.com/g/otree/c/E6BbIS64VRE/m/1pcmx-O9AQAJ