error_message in Debug info when customizing formfields

Daniel Frey

May 14, 2021, 9:54:46 AM5/14/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hi Chris

Just a small thing: Would it be possible to change the Debug info, when the error-message of a customized formfield is missing?

The current debug info tip 2 (include {{ form.yourform.errors }} somewhere in your page's HTML.) results in a "()" appearing where the error is included.

Debug_Info.png

The proper way to include the errors is by {{ formfield_errors 'yourform' }}, as it is described in the documentation.

I think it would help a lot if this info is written in the Debug info, especially for inexperienced programmers.

Chris @ oTree

May 14, 2021, 10:55:48 PM5/14/21
to oTree help & discussion
Good catch, I thought I had updated that but apparently not. The fix will be in the next release, thank you.