Heroku Server performance issues - tips and best practices?

Max Spohn

Jul 16, 2021, 8:01:51 AM7/16/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hi all,

I have no experience with server set-ups and am currently running an experiment on Heroku that experiences some performance issues.

In the documentation it says "not to run more than 1 web dyno" - why is that the case?

Also, do you have any tips on which Dynos / POSTGRES / REDIS to use? (and I appreciate that this depends on my app). I was just wondering whether there were any best practices or tips you had for how you solved performance issues. I currently have multiple 2x web dynos, a Standard 0 Postgres and a Premium 2 Redis. My average dyno load is below 1, although there are some max load spikes around 1.5. Still, there are relatively high response times and a significant number of request timeouts and I am not sure how I can solve that

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Best,
Max