Internal Server Error with Debian Server using Room

oTree User

Jun 21, 2021, 1:34:00 PM6/21/21
to oTree help & discussion
I've setup a server for the experiment and started it with otree prodserver 8000 & .
I thought with the & sign this would set the job to the background even if I end the terminal so that the server is still available when participants want to access it at some time. The links for participation were retrieved from a room.
Now I got the error message Internal Server Error and the participation links are not valid anymore although they used to work earlier.
As I am not really familiar with server setups and linux systems, can somebody tell me a way how to properly do this? How to make sure the server is always reachable? Is the error message otree-related or maybe caused by something else?
I read that I could use a systemd script for restarting the server with the otree experiment...

Max R. P. Grossmann

Jun 21, 2021, 1:37:21 PM6/21/21
to oTree User, oTree help & discussion
You can use a systemd unit or run "otree prodserver 8000" in something like tmux: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tmux