server error

Eva

May 1, 2021, 6:39:45 AM5/1/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hello everyone,

I was running my experiment in a production server and in the middle of one of the games I got the following error. Since then, although I have tried to reset everything in the host computer of the experiment, I still get the same error (please see attached).

Any suggestions what I could do?

Thank you very much!!

Best wishes,
Eva

Eva

May 1, 2021, 6:40:45 AM5/1/21
to oTree help & discussion
I am sorry I forgot to attach the picture!
IMG_20210501_122654.jpg

Chris Crabbe

May 1, 2021, 3:34:35 PM5/1/21
to Eva, oTree help & discussion
Hi Eva -

What you need to do in this situation is check your logs to find the exception that caused this error, and then debug, troubleshoot and fix your software so it doesn't keep happening.

If you don't know what the error means, post it here and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
---Chris

Eva

May 2, 2021, 8:59:23 AM5/2/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hello!!
The error I got was the following one:

return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

I managed to run the experiment once without crashing but this error, on some different test runs, has done up at a number of different points in the experiment

Do you have any suggestion on how to debug this issue if it is not coming up in one particular part of the experiment?

Thank you very much for your time!
Eva

Chris @ oTree

May 15, 2021, 5:57:57 AM5/15/21
to oTree help & discussion
For some reason your database is read-only. Maybe this could happen if you have exceeded Heroku's row limit for your postgres database.