Deploying to MTurk

Zhenxun Liu

Feb 14, 2022, 1:19:26 PM2/14/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi,

I am having trouble pushing my experiment from heroku to mturk. When I try to create a session for mturk, it always says the following, even though I have followed the steps and installed otree[mturk] and changed the requirements file:

MTurk is currently disabled. If you want to publish your HIT on MTurk please do the following steps:

  1. Run pip3 install "otree[mturk]" and in your requirements file, replace otree>=N.N.N with otree[mturk]>=N.N.N. This will install oTree along with extra MTurk-specific packages.
My otree[mturk] version is 5.4.4, and I have tried doing otree[mturk] >= 5.4.0,  ==5.4.4,  <5.6.0, and all these do not work. I also followed everything I was supposed to do according to the docs. Currently, I am clueless how to solve this. Are there specific changes that need to be made to the syntax I am unaware of?

Thank you!
Zhenxun

Chris @ oTree

Feb 14, 2022, 1:45:38 PM2/14/22
to Zhenxun Liu, oTree help & discussion
Are you deploying to Heroku using oTree Hub?

Sent from my phone

Zhenxun Liu

Feb 14, 2022, 2:31:21 PM2/14/22
to oTree help & discussion
No, I am pushing to heroku via my computer directly.

June Nguyen

Mar 23, 2022, 8:08:41 PM3/23/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you figure out the solution?
June

Naghmeh_Kh

May 18, 2022, 6:14:08 AM5/18/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi everyone,
I also have the same problem. I still see the error after doing the required steps. Did anyone find a solution?
Thanks a lot,
Naghmeh

Zhenxun Liu

May 18, 2022, 11:37:50 AM5/18/22
to oTree help & discussion
I have solved this by uninstalling python and reinstalling the latest version of both python and otree. Not sure if this is a general solution though.

Naghmeh_Kh

May 20, 2022, 9:37:58 AM5/20/22
to oTree help & discussion
Thanks but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. Now, I am using the latest version of python and otree, and still getting the same error!