MTurk: when is grant_qualification_id executed?

Daniel Frey

Apr 12, 2021, 12:13:58 PM4/12/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hello everybody

I'm pretty close to launching an oTree-study to MTurk. I've set an qualification_id to prevent Workers from participating in the study, as described in the documentation.

I have a short question regarding the ID: When exactly is the Qualification granted?
Is it the moment the workers accept the study, or when they finish the study?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

Chris @ oTree

Apr 12, 2021, 12:56:49 PM4/12/21
to oTree help & discussion
when they open the start link.

Daniel Frey

Apr 12, 2021, 12:58:13 PM4/12/21
to oTree help & discussion
That's what I thought, thanks for clarifying!

Chris Crabbe

Apr 12, 2021, 2:30:33 PM4/12/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hi all -

I have a semi-related question:  If I wanted to grant a 2nd qualification when a player completely finishes my task, what would be the best way to do that?

It should be possible to access the MTurk API (using the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY_ID values that oTree already uses) directly and call whatever the "grant qualification" API call is from a before_next_page on an appropriate Page in my experiment, right?

Thanks,
--Chris