Disable refresh

eka...@umich.edu

Sep 13, 2021, 4:41:44 PM9/13/21
to oTree help & discussion
Hi everyone,

We are developing a (stopping) game where there is information that gets revealed every X seconds, and the participant needs to decide when to stop.

However, if the participant refreshes the window they would be able to re-play the game from the beginning with the knowledge of that information.  Needless to say, we want to prevent this.  Is there a way to either prevent page refresh, or to re-direct the participant to another page if they hit refresh?  Or, at least somehow record the refresh as an event so we can exclude the participant later?

Thanks in advance!

Chris @ oTree

Sep 13, 2021, 4:59:25 PM9/13/21
to oTree help & discussion
See the Stroop app here: https://www.otreehub.com/projects/?featured=1

I simply record the number of times the page was reloaded in a field called num_page_loads, so that the data can be excluded later.