No valid participant_code in chat csv

beat...@gmail.com

May 27, 2022, 4:46:00 AM5/27/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi everyone,

I am using otree>=5.8.0 and want to make a simple chat. However, upon observing the data of the chat, I realized that the participant_code is not saved anymore. There is a variable with that name, however, everyone just gets the same number there (see picture).

I also have a more elaborated experiment with the same problem. However, in the example above, I really didn't unset anything and just used a simple {{chat}} .

Do you know what the problem is? Is it a bug? Do I need to set the variable myself? If yes, how should I do that? I really need that variable, because otherwise, I do not know who the people in the chats are.

Best, B.
chat_otree.JPG