Heroku Error: "database connection isn't set to UTC"

Daniyal Chawla

Jun 17, 2021, 7:53:52 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
When I try to run my project on the Heroku, I get an error that says "database connection isn't set to UTC".

I've already installed Heroku Postgress and Heroku Redis so I'm not why what's wrong.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chris @ oTree

Jun 17, 2021, 7:55:24 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
I saw another report of this yesterday. Seems to be a new issue. Can you show your requirements.txt file?

Chris @ oTree

Jun 17, 2021, 7:56:44 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
Also can you show the full error traceback?

Daniyal Chawla

Jun 17, 2021, 8:00:46 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
Thanks for the quick reply! Here you go:

# oTree-may-overwrite-this-file
# IF YOU MODIFY THIS FILE, remove these comments.
# otherwise, oTree will automatically overwrite it.
otree[mturk]>=3.4.0b3,<5
psycopg2>=2.8.4
sentry-sdk==0.7.9

I used almost exactly the same code and steps for a different app a few days ago, and it worked perfectly.

Daniyal Chawla

Jun 17, 2021, 8:02:02 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
Screenshot (104).pngScreenshot (105).pngScreenshot (106).png

Chris @ oTree

Jun 17, 2021, 8:03:13 PM6/17/21
to oTree help & discussion
Here is the other thread on this subject: https://groups.google.com/g/otree/c/8SkL1YHjEz0

Janet Jiang

Jun 17, 2021, 9:56:27 PM6/17/21
to Chris @ oTree, oTree help & discussion
Please see my earlier thread. Janet

Janet Jiang

Jun 17, 2021, 9:57:17 PM6/17/21
to Chris @ oTree, oTree help & discussion
Here is the solution that worked for me:

After a lot of search, I think the problem is described here:

I followed the instructions to put "psycopg2>=2.8,<2.9" in my requirements file and it solved my problem.

Daniyal Chawla

Jun 18, 2021, 10:56:22 AM6/18/21
to oTree help & discussion
It worked! Thank you so much