Application error (500) KeyError although the variable is defined in PARTICIPANT_FIELDS

jareck...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2022, 6:18:36 AM7/7/22
to oTree help & discussion
Hi all,

I have defined several keys in PARTICIPANT_FIELDS in settings.py but keep getting the Application error (500) KeyError: 'variable_name' despite settings.py reading

PARTICIPANT_FIELDS = [
    ' variable_name  '

I am running a local dev server and would like to ask what I can change to debug this error, because print() statements --- even if added to lines in creating_session before I assign any keys --- fail to show up neither in the browser console in the terminal console.

Do you have any pointers?

Secondly, I would like to ask if the PARTICIPANT_FIELDS have any restrictions on form or if I can assign any object (e.g. another object holding objects) as PARTICIPANT_FIELD?

Thanks for your help,
cheers
Jana