Any interest in a Writing Night?

Peter Pan

Apr 30, 2012, 2:30:16 PM4/30/12
to Otherworlds
One of my very talented friends has been running a weekly writing
group Thursday evenings in Seattle. Mainly it's a group to encourage
people to do that writing they've always intended to do--unless
desired, there is no critiquing or even sharing, it's just a set day
to get together, meet with like-minded people, and get 'er done. She
emails out a reminder each week with some good writing quotes, links,
or anything else she's found interesting and useful, and people show
up if they have the time. We've found the projects that always get
put off are starting to get done!

Would anyone have any interest in something like this at Otherworlds?
Maybe a night in the early week when it's likely to be quiet?
Message has been deleted

Moriah Frisbie

May 4, 2012, 3:19:25 PM5/4/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com
I would definitely be interested! I'm apart of a different writing group actually, but most of the members are far away (friends from where I lived before I moved to Lynnwood) so it would be nice to join a group where I could actually attend their sessions :)

Peter Pan

May 4, 2012, 7:58:26 PM5/4/12
to Otherworlds
My--I'll just call her my Talented Friend--has said she'd be willing
to run one at the store, so then we'd just need to work out details of
who and when! ^^

loretta fisher niang

May 17, 2012, 9:41:23 PM5/17/12
to Otherworlds
Awwww! It might have to be a weekend one for me to do it in Edmonds.
Weekday nights I work.

Peter Pan

May 17, 2012, 11:54:47 PM5/17/12
to Otherworlds
Hello Talented Friend XD

We'll figure it out. ^^

Peter Pan

Jun 19, 2012, 12:05:53 AM6/19/12
to Otherworlds
Here's something to inspire some stories!
http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/bizarre-google-streetview-findings/

How weird...

Brynn Watson

Jul 13, 2012, 12:55:09 PM7/13/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com
What days would work for a writing group for you?  Weekends are filling up fast...

Youjennie

Jul 16, 2012, 10:56:53 AM7/16/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com
Hy, I'm out of state.  If you ever do a skype thing I'd love to be included! Sunday evening and Monday evenings are my only bad days :)

omarw....@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2012, 2:23:43 AM7/22/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com
Monday they do board games, Tuesday is Call of Cathullu, Thursday is Pathfinder, weekends are "full".

Wednesday could be hang out and write night.

Brynn Watson

Jul 22, 2012, 2:35:59 AM7/22/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com, omarw....@gmail.com
Weekends aren't full, really, but I have no idea how to do Skype.  Usually for writing group we've just gotten together and written, so I don't know how much benefit there would be in doing Skype--no one talks or anything other than general chat.  It's usually just a chance to get together and talk about writing stuff, maybe problems you're having.  If anyone would be interested in online writing discussion this would be a good place for it.  Several people have written stories for the newsletter and requested critiques.

Weekdays are better for a quiet activity like writing--less people wandering back by the tables and saying "What IS this store and what do you all DO here?"

Youjennie

Jul 23, 2012, 12:02:10 PM7/23/12
to otherwor...@googlegroups.com, omarw....@gmail.com
Great! Thanks Brynn.I think I'll probably try staring a thread. that's a great idea.