Want to pre - order The Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition?

1 view

Street Savvy

Oct 15, 2020, 1:55:11 PM10/15/20
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

I've heard recently that a lot of people want to learn to cuss in Japanese, in particular how to say the f word.  Well unfortunately the f word does not exist in the Japanese language.  So even though fakku is the made up Japanese word by English speakers who desperately want to say the f word in Japanese, the harsh reality is that if you were to go to Japan and say fakku to a native Japanese, that person would have no clue that you're even trying to speak Japanese, never mind what you're trying to say.  Of course that doesn't mean that there is no profanity in Japanese, it just doesn't correspond to English profanity.  This is mostly due to the fact that Japanese is a very description heavy language that typically uses only one word to say something that other languages, including English, require a whole entire sentence to say.  One good example is the word bukkorosu.  This is most definitely a cuss word in Japanese, but it does not translate to any English cuss word.  Instead the word simply means "I'm going to beat you, then I'm going to kill you."  Now if someone were to say that English translation to you, would it even register in your brain that you were just cussed at?  Although when you really think about it, this really isn't to much of a big deal when you consider what most English cuss words mean.  Think about it, when you tell someone that you're pissed at f you, are you really telling that person that you want to have sex with them?

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

Even though I'm done with the Shinkansen bullet trains for now, one topic about trains that I did bring up was the whole thing about derailing because of centrifugal force.  While this has never happened to a Shinkansen, there was another Japanese train that did derail through centrifugal force because of the driver going too fast.  One Monday morning on April 25, 2005 in Osaka, a commuter train known as Rapid Train 541AM was being driven by a 23 year old driver with 11 months of work experience named Ryujiro Takami and was running a few minutes late.  Because of this, he was making a lot of mistakes like running red lights and overshooting platforms.  And eventually, when he got just outside of Amagazaki Station, he was going so fast that he went around a curve so fast that the train lifted off the rails, landed on it's side, and slide into an apartment block at 9:15 AM.  During the investigation, it was determined that the culture within the company JR West was the cause.  Apparently because Takami made a previous mistake, he had to undergo some kind of reeducation where he was severely punished.  They found that this punishment left Takami so mentally damaged, that he was too focused on avoiding punishment the pay attention to what he was doing.  This is one of the very reasons they always warn to never work in Japan.  At least Rapid Train was truly living up to it's name that day!

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

It seems like my homeboy Link has been really busy this month.  You know I could not help getting excited about the upcoming Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition Box Set!  All five volumes of Link's adventures in one collection is exactly what this Zelda fanboy is talking about!  So if you're as much of a Zelda fan as I am, we can both pre - order ours below:

https://amzn.to/2H5hJFF

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406 - 1952