No difference between L and R...

Street Savvy

Jan 28, 2021, 1:23:49 PM1/28/21
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

You ever notice how the Japanese always have trouble telling the difference between the L and the R?  That's because the two letters sounds exactly the same.  Sure we English speakers will know the difference between "Light" and "Right," but to a Japanese speaker they sound exactly the same with no differences whatsoever.  This is the very reason that when they first heard the word "Lemonade," they couldn't say it right and came up with the word "Ramune."  This is because the L and R sounds are mashed together in Japanese rather than separate individual sounds like in English.

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

The reason I brought that up is because that's the last stereotype that I've heard that people have about the Japanese.  So this is most definitely another one that's actually accurate, but not for the reason that people think.  It is not because the L and R sounds don't exist in Japanese, it's because the L and R sounds are one sound that mashed together.  This is why it's very common for a Japanese person to replace and L with an R and vice versa.

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

I was quite surprised to find out that this show was an anime since it didn't look anything at all like what I was used to anime shows looking like.  But unlike Shaman King, this one came along after I was more advanced of an Otaku and was buying anime in stores.  That's how I got to see the first series despite it not being shown on Cartoon Network and therefore having no way of finding it on TV.  Unfortunately I never got the chance to see this second series the first time around, but I now have my second chance.  So if you're in the same boat or you did enjoy it the first time around but and you'd like to relive the good old days, we can both pre - order ours below:

https://amzn.to/3psYy9Y

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406 - 1952