Need Proof You Don't Need To Go To Japan To Learn Japanese

1 view

Street Savvy

Nov 12, 2020, 11:16:38 AM11/12/20
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Reader,

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

I remember this one time that I went on a bus trip to an area that was mostly populated with Asians.  While here, we came across a situation where we needed to say "Excuse me" to someone so we could walk past, But after the person didn't move, I started to wonder if the person simply didn't understand English.  So I completely surprised everyone, the Asian person included, when I said it in Japanese.  As soon as I said sumimasen, you could almost see his eyes light up as he immediately understood and moved, at which point I surprised everyone again when I then said to him arigato.  This resulted in the guy being all smiles and bowing to us while apologozing, most likely for not understanding when we were saying it in English, as we walked past.  My reason for sharing this story is give you hard proof that that you don't have to go to Japan to have a reason to learn Japanese like our parents want to think.  And with all the Japanese businesses we have right here in America, knowing Japanese will be a very good skill to have on your resume.

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

And speaking of stereotypes, there's another one that the Japanese have about us.  In the same manner as how we tend to think that all Asians are kung-fu fighters walking around with their samurai swords or katanas, they tend to think that we're all cowboys walking around with our six shooters.  So I guess that while they've been kung-fu fighting with their kicks being fast as lighting, we've been cowboy shooting with our bullets being fast as lighting?  Which is very interesting considering that the last time I checked, I don't exactly go to the grocery store on a horse wearing a cowboy hat while talking about yeehaw!

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

I was quite surprised to find out that a very interesting manga would be coming out on the exact day of my birthday!  What's more, the story reminds me so much of one of my favorite anime Yu Yu Hakusho.  Mieruko-chan is about a girl named Miko who just woke up one day suddenly being able to see monsters that no one but her can see for no apparent reason.  But rather than doing anything about it, she decides to try to ignore them and continue her life as normal with a straight face.  If you're as curious as I am about how long she'll be able to pull this off, we can both pre-order my birthday present below:

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406-1952