Learn How To Make A Train Earthquake

1 view

Street Savvy

Oct 8, 2020, 11:28:40 AM10/8/20
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

As you've probably guessed from the previous edition, I've introduced you to the three levels of politeness that used in Japanese.  There's casual, polite, and respectful.  Casual is used for very close friends or family, polite is used for someone you just met and you're not quite friends yet, and respectful is used for people you have to, well, be respectful to such as your teacher or your boss.  Now I'm sure you already know about Otaku being the formal way of saying "you," but which one is it?  Well Otaku is the respectful level, while kimi is polite and anata is casual.  Another one is the word "yes."  The respectful level is hai, the polite level is eeh, and the casual level is mm.  Basically a much shorter version of the sound you'd make when tasting some really delicious food.  But this is not one that you need to stress out about, because even a lot of native Japanese have trouble understanding all the different politeness levels.  And most of them don't even bother trying since their only purpose is to make the other person better than you!

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

And now for the final part of the Shinkansan bullet trains, and I think you've probably already guessed what it is.  Like anything else in Japan, earthquakes are a major problem that bullet trains must deal with.  Sitting on the Ring of Fire makes Japan one of the most seismically active countries in the world, in fact one third of all the earthquakes that happen in the world happen right here, and a train travelling at high speed during an earthquake would be a disaster.  Fortunately Japan has the most sophisticated earthquake prediction system in the world.  Earthquakes send out a primary wave first followed by a secondary wave, and the system picks up the p wave so everyone will know to get prepared for the destructive s wave.  And for bullet trains, that means hitting the brakes and bringing the train to a stop so it doesn't derail.  But in 2004, one train stopped too close to the epicenter and became the first one ever to derail.  They've since come up with a plan to add a second rail to the tracks that will hold the trains in place preventing them being derailed by an earthquake ever again.

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

Now you know I cannot miss out on adventuring with my homeboy Link, so you know I will be the first in line to pick up the new Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity game for the Switch.  This is apparently the prequel to the first Zelda Switch game Breath of the Wild, and even though I didn't enjoy the original Hyrule Warriors that much, I'm hoping they've made some improvements this time around!  So if you want to find out if they've improved on the original Hyrule Warriors like I do, we can both pre - order ours below:

https://amzn.to/2SEbF9q

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406 - 1952