I found the perfect Christmas gift for you...

1 view

Street Savvy

Nov 19, 2020, 11:00:44 AM11/19/20
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

Introductions in Japanese is quite different depending on if you're the one doing the introducing or if you're the one being introduced.  In the former case, you should always use san after that person's name to show respect.  But in the latter case, the way you respond after being introduced depends on the politeness level you have to use.  In the casual level you respond along the lines of "Nice to meet you, let's be friends."  In the polite level you respond along the lines of "Nice to meet you.  I look forward to getting to know you."  And in the respectful level, you respond along the lines of "Nice to meet you.  I look forward to working with you."

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

Now the stereotype that I mentioned last week is the one that I always heard about when I was a kid growing up.  All Asians are kung-fu fighters.  And as you can probably guess, this was greatly backed up with things like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, and of course all of those butt kicking guys like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee(back then), Jet Li, and so on.  And like most stereotypes, this has most definitely been proven to be false.  The truth is that they're really no different from us.  Sure there are some people who might decide that they want to take up a martial art of some kind, but the majority are just normal people who don't have anything at all to do with it.  But there are actually a number of other stereotypes that people have the Japanese, and I'll continue talking about them here next week.

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

Well well, it seems that they're bring back an old classic just in time for Christmas!  This is the very anime that threw the doors wide open to America as a whole new market for anime back in the 80s, at the exact moment that anime was at it's peak during the golden age of anime.  Of course that was long before my time, but because it's been rereleased numerous times, I already have a copy of this movie.  So I guess it's time for me re-watch it and write a review on it.  But if you don't want to wait for my review, you can pre-order yours below just in time for Christmas:

Akira: Movie [4K + Blu-ray]

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406-1952