Learn The Three Ways To Say I

Street Savvy

Oct 1, 2020, 9:45:14 AM10/1/20
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber:

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/p/about.html

Derrick McGee here, and I recently learned something very interesting.  There are three different ways of saying "I" in Japanese.  Watashi is the polite way of saying it and it is completely gender - neutral.  Next is boku, which is mostly used only by boys, but sometimes a man will use it as well.  While not as polite as watashi, it's still a polite way of saying it and is used for new people that you aren't friends with yet.  And finally is ore, which is the least polite way of saying it and is only used for your closest friends.  This is the one that men mostly use and even then only in situations where they're hanging out with their closest guy friends.  You might also notice that ore is the one that sounds tough.  The ladies on the other hand keep it simple.  With the sole exception of tomboys, the only thing that they'll ever use is watashi.  So if you're a guy or tomboy who's a new transfer student, you'll use watashi with the teacher and boku with the other students.  But if your very close friends from your old school invite you to hang out at a sporting event with them, that is when you're free to use ore.  But if you're a normal girl in these same situations, you'll use watashi for everything.

https://www.otakuuniverse.net/

Now that they've got the Shinkansen bullet trains going at high speeds, they next needed to figure out how to go around turns safely without having to make the trains slow down.  That force that you feel that throws you to the left when the car that you're riding in makes a sharp right turn is called centrifugal force, and centrifugal force is what makes trains derail and crash killing people when they go around a turn too fast.  But as motorcyclists know, leaning into turns is how to reduce the effects of centrifugal force almost down to zero.  But after seeing that bullet trains are too fast for bending the rails to make the trains lean into the turns as far as possible without them falling off the track, they accomplished the rest by giving the train itself mechanical tilting.  This is what enables the trains to not only go around turns without slowing down, but also makes the train ride so smooth that a topless cup of coffee will not spill.

https://otakuuniverseblog.blogspot.com/

As one of my favorite Pokemon to use in the card game, Mewtwo Strikes Back is one movie that am very much looking forward to.  While I do understand that he's some kind of bad Pokemon like Meowth, there's no denying that he's one of the best Pokemon to use in a deck that wins by making the other guy run out of cards in his deck.  If you're as interested as I am in checking out this upcoming Pokemon movie about the return of Mewtwo, we can both pre - order ours below:

https://amzn.to/3jpvDR6

Derrick McGee AKA Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406 - 1952