Want to know about an oddball Japanese structure?

1 view

Street Savvy

Sep 8, 2022, 10:36:26 PM9/8/22
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

                                                                                                       Street Savvy.JPG

So continuing on with the topic of the Japanese sentence structure, I will now give you one last thing to think about this week.  What you learned here is the basic sentence structure, but there are sentences where the particles will act different.  A good example is "Restaurants are expensive sometimes."  Restaurant is normally a place word, but here it's being used as the topic.  So the particle that we'd use is wa.

                                                                            Otaku Universe.JPG

So I will now continue on with the Japanese Empire.  In 1942, Japan had taken the Philippines.  But just two years later, America was pushing Japan back on all fronts and was now very close to taking the Philippines.  This was a very important strategic position for Japan because it connected them to vital trade routes.  If the Philippines were to get taken by the United States, Japan would only have a few months of supplies left to fight with.  So the Philippines had to be help at all cost.  So on December 26, 1944, Onoda was sent to the Philippines with orders to fight back against the United States by surprise attacking them from the jungle.  But upon arriving at the Philippines, he was refused to carry out his orders and was forced to join the Japanese garrison in fighting the Americans head on.  But when the Americans arrived on February 28, 1945 and it was clear that the Japanese garrison would be defeated, Onoda ordered three other soldiers to follow him to the jungle to carry out his original orders.  But he didn't know that the Americans would leave the Philippines immediately after defeating the Japanese garrison thinking the battle was over and they had won.  And I'll be talking about the outcome of this mistake by the Americans next week.

                                                                            Otaku Universe Brand.JPG

When I heard that this anime was coming out, I just knew I had to have it.  Especially given how much I loved to play the video game that it's based on.  While I haven't seen all that many video game based anime to know for certain, that few that I have seen have definitely shown me that they tend to be very faithful to the game.  So I believe that I can safely assume that it will be the case here as well.  If you're also a huge fan of the video game that this anime is based on, or even if you've never even heard of the video game and you just think this is a very good anime, then we can both pre - order ours below:

                                                                                                 Tales of Phantasia The Animation.jpg

Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406