Want to find out if you really can judge a book by it's cover?

Street Savvy

Jan 13, 2022, 11:51:37 AM1/13/22
to Otaku Illustrated
Dear Otaku Illustrated Subscriber,

                                                                                                          Street Savvy.JPG

So finally finishing up with the topic of ordering in a Japanese restaurant, the last one is doumo arigatou gozaimashita (Thank you very much.).  This is what you'd hear from the staff as you're leaving the restaurant.

                                                                            Otaku Universe.JPG

So I will now continue on with the Japanese Empire.  The attack on Pearl Harbor naturally meant war with the United States, which was declared the very next day.  The American people were outraged and President Franklin Roosevelt rallied the US military for war with Japan.  The Japanese were using this time expand their empire by taking over Hong Kong, The Malaysian Pennisula, The Phillipines, and much of Indonesia, but the tide would soon turn against the Japanese.  While the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor gave Japan the advantage temporarily, the United States had superior manufacturing capability.  And a massive rebuilding effort led to a swift counter - attack against Japan.  The Japanese lost 4 fleet carriers in the Battle of Midway, was routed by Australia, and was on the defensive by 1944.  But even though they were under heavy bombing, the Japanese still refused to surrender and I'll be talking about this next week.

                                                                            Otaku Universe Brand.JPG

I heard about this manga a while back and the main thing were talking about was that despite how dull and boring the front cover makes it look, the story itself is extremely exciting.  How often do you find out that a fat overweight corner store owner is a retired assassin that used to be the best out there, and you make this discovery from another hitman showing up at the store demanding that he comes out of retirement because his skills are badly needed?  If you're just as interested as I am in finding out if it's true that you can't judge a book by it's cover, then we can both pre - order ours below:

                                                                                                        Sakamoto Days.jpg

Street Savvy the Otaku Guy
870 Wheeler St.
Gary, IN 46406 - 1952