Open source ecology

Leigh Blackall

Jun 14, 2009, 1:26:55 AM6/14/09
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
If you missed it the first time, here they are again. Open Source Ecology. They blow my mind with their boldness, ingenuity, and purity in approach. Not only did they build their own tractor, they forged the steel that made the parts. It sells for 2 grand and all the specs are open source. I'll join tomorrow if anyone starts this up in Otago...

Open Source Ecology is a movement dedicated to the collaborative development of the world's first replicable, open source, modern off-grid "resilient community." By using permaculture and digital fabrication together to provide for basic needs and open source methodology to allow low cost replication of the entire operation, we hope to empower anyone who desires to move beyond the struggle for survival and "evolve to freedom."

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost