The Inflatable Car

Dave

Jun 27, 2009, 5:45:23 AM6/27/09
to otago sustainability

Does look like a dramatic improvement in the manufacturing side of
things.

"XP’s Mini Utility Vehicle prototype cuts costs and time by using 70
percent less parts and novel materials that require simpler factory
devices. "

http://www.pddnet.com/article-the-inflatable-car-062509/

Leigh Blackall

Jun 27, 2009, 7:45:16 PM6/27/09
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
A bunch of great ideas in there! Would be very strange traveling in an air inflated interior - but it totally makes sense. As does putting the engine in the actual wheels. The battery technology is still a big problem.. I wonder if they experimented with coil springs or some such thing to store energy on the downhills or breaking? No doubt they've tried it all out.
Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost
http://leighblackall.blogspot.com

Anni Watkins

Jun 28, 2009, 9:55:23 PM6/28/09
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
So, when the car stops without reason, we switch off, get everyone out of the car, lock all the doors and then reboot?
More seriously, I wonder if the top can be deflated so that we can pile then up to long term park them in a lower building??

>>> Leigh Blackall <leighb...@gmail.com> 28/06/2009 11:45 a.m. >>>
This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX. For more information visit smx.co.nz

Leigh Blackall

Jun 28, 2009, 9:57:25 PM6/28/09
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
or cruise the West Coast with the top off!