{{Sustainable Otago}} Energy

Leigh Blackall

Apr 17, 2010, 4:23:48 AM4/17/10
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com

Might a calorie be a better basis for economic systems than carbon?

I'm reading David Holmgren's Energy and Permaculture. It get's good half way through. A companion text to it must be Ivan Illich's Energy and Equity. Holmgren also insists that Howard Odum's Energy Basis for Man and Nature is an important text, especially in that it is accessible to low levels of reading comprehension. Unfortunately Odum's text appears not to have an online copy, so my reading of it is delayed by my motivation to go to a library... anyone read it?

In the meantime I'm off to see what the skeptics think about Odum, and the idea of calories instead of carbon as a basis for more responsive economic models...

--
Posted By Leigh Blackall to Leigh Blackall at 4/17/2010 08:20:00 PM

Leigh Blackall
+61(0)404561009
skype - leigh_blackall
leighb...@gmail.com