About macFUSE on M1 with Paragon NTFS for Mac

Pablo Carmona

Sep 23, 2023, 10:22:34 PM9/23/23
to macFUSE
Dear community, I want to install VeraCrypt on my MB Pro M1 (I usually do it through HomeBrew) but I realize that it is a requirement to have macFUSE installed for file system support, my question are,

- can I keep both applications running?
- Paragon NTFS for Mac and macFuse or may there be a conflict in NTFS file system support?
- Any experience with that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings from Chile

Pablo

Keith Smith

Sep 29, 2023, 12:51:12 PM9/29/23
to macFUSE
I have run both for years and not had any problems.

That said, I'm not running NTFS for Mac right now (although have previously), but I am running Paragon extFS for Mac.  Current versions:
  • Mac: MBP M1 MAX64
  • macOS: v14.0 (Sonoma)
  • VeraCrypt: v1.25.9
  • extFS: v11.8.605
  • macFUSE: v4.5.0

extFS starts on login, VeraCrypt is started manually.