openFileAtPath not invoked after file-move

mixtly

Jun 1, 2023, 5:24:25 PM6/1/23
to macFUSE
I have a weird issue:

  1. Let there be folder A containing file file.txt
  2. Open the file.txt via Finder (double click on it). It works. Close the file.
  3. Move the file.txt to folder B
  4. Now try again to open the same file.txt in Finder after move operation
  5. Nothing happens.
If however I try to open it from the Terminal via 'open file.txt', it works.

Also, relaunching Finder or MyFuseApplication also results in working file opening.

The 'openFileAtPath' callback does not get invoked at all after the move operation when trying to open the file via Finder. I can open the file from within the app (ie in TextEditor -> Open File...), but double-clicking the file on Finder does nothing. I also don't see anything significant in system Console log.

Does anyone have an idea on how to investigate this?