How do I completely uninstall

Alex

Mar 24, 2024, 7:40:36 AMMar 24
to macFUSE
Hi,

I've had 3 kernel panics related to MacFuse.
I installed it via the Preferences pane, but to my surprise, I had yet another kernel panic and it was again related to macfuse:

last started kext at 864443214: io.macfuse.filesystems.macfuse 2128.20 (addr 0xfffffe00110a8000, size 6320)
last stopped kext at 714496881372: io.macfuse.filesystems.macfuse 2128.20 (addr 0xfffffe00110a8000, size 6320)

I removed the MacFuse preferences pane. It was reporting that macfuse was uninstalled before I do.

So, how do I completely uninstall macfuse?

Thanks
Alex

Benjamin Fleischer

Mar 24, 2024, 8:37:11 AMMar 24
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

You can uninstall macFUSE by clicking on the uninstall button in the macFUSE preference pane and then right-clicking on the preference pane and clicking on the "remove“ option in the context menu.

Alternatively, you can download the macFUSE installer and run the uninstaller in the "Extras“ folder. It will remove macFUSE (including the preference pane).

last started kext at 864443214: io.macfuse.filesystems.macfuse 2128.20 (addr 0xfffffe00110a8000, size 6320)
last stopped kext at 714496881372: io.macfuse.filesystems.macfuse 2128.20 (addr 0xfffffe00110a8000, size 6320)

You are using an outdated version of macFUSE (4.5.0).

The fact that the macFUSE kernel extension was started and later stopped (see above) means that macFUSE is not to blame for this particular kernel panic. The macFUSE kernel extension was not running at the time of the crash. If you still think that macFUSE is to blame, please post the complete crash logs so that I can have a look and check the backtraces that lead to the panics.

Best regards,
Benjamin