Installing kexts in general in Apple Silicon

vj.c...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2020, 1:02:43 AM12/5/20
to OSXFUSE
In M1 Macs, I seems like kexts can no longer be loaded unless Reduced Security level and Allow third party kexts to be loaded from Recovery mode.

Is this acceptable from end user's POV? I use OSXFuse in my application and I face this problem too.

Even though it's a one time thingy. All these jargons like 'Reduced security' that apple uses will confuse the user on even installing the app. Well Apple wisely says to educate our users on "Why your app uses kext and why it's important to install it?" This is kind of a difficult situation?

Is there any alternate way to overcome this?  I'm really worried and If this continues I will have to continue to look for a kext less way to develop my application.

Thanks and Regards, Vijay