Not working after upgrade to macOS Mojave (with temporary solution)

已查看 594 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Hendrik Knoll

未读,
2020年7月31日 04:38:172020/7/31
收件人 OSXFUSE
Hello,

I upgraded my MacBook pro (mid 2012) from macOS High Sierra to macOS Mojave (10.14.6, latest security patch installed). Furthermore I'm using VeraCrypt (latest release 1.24-Update4).

Now when trying to access an encrypted volume, I get the error message: "kext load failed: -603946989 | mount_osxfuse: the file system is not available (255)". Volumes are not mounted, thus password is correct.

Besides some apps from the App Store (Pages, Numbers) and some updates of existing programs already installed, nothing has been changed on the computer.

After this error appeared, I installed the latest release of Fuse for macOS (3.11.0), but the problem persists. After this, I deinstalled it, re-installed, also tried several older versions (down to 3.8.0), with or without "compatibility layer" selected during installation - no luck.

Currently the latest release of Fuse for macOS (3.11.0) with compatibility layer is installed, error persists.

On earlier installation tries I applied some tips found on the web, like this https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/issues/315 (see comment with script from user "struckma") but it just produced various error messages and did not solved the issue.

By chance I noticed that Parallels is also no longer working and found that this is associated with some kernel extensions not granted by Apple to be used. The built-in system integrity protection seems to prevent this for unknown reason.

So I followed this instruction https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-turn-off-mac-os-x-system-integrity-protection-rootless-3638975/ to disable SIP. Now VeraCrypt, Fuse and Parallels are working well. But since I disabled a security measurement of the OS, I don't have a good feeling making this a persistent solution.

Any help/thoughts on this is highly appreciated!

Regards
Hendrik

Tormod Willassen

未读,
2020年9月30日 06:05:322020/9/30
收件人 OSXFUSE
I am having the same problem as Hendrik.
I have made a post about the problem on the Apple Support Communities :

Best regards

Tormod Willassen

未读,
2020年11月5日 05:59:472020/11/5
收件人 OSXFUSE
I started my mac from macOS Recovery.
Command (⌘)-R
"Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac."

Reinstalled macOS.
After the reinstall of macOS I was able to enable SIP, and then FUSE worked as expected.

I did not loose any data, as a result of the reinstall.

Fuse and sshfs now works, with SIP enabled.
fredag 31. juli 2020 kl. 10:38:17 UTC+2 skrev Hendrik:
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子