Problem with access to file synced from MacOS from iPad

Artur K

Jun 13, 2021, 3:42:40 AM6/13/21
to macFUSE
Hi.
I'm using macFuse and Google Drive on my Mac OS.
On google drive I have keeps database shared with other devices like iPhone, iPad, Windows, Android.
On iPad and iPhone I'm using keepassium for keepass database, unfortunately from time to time I'm facing a problems with opening this database.
Example scenario.
1. Open keepass db on iPad by KeePassium
2. Open same db on macOS, do some changes and save db
3. Reopen this db on iPad with Keepassium
 Error occurring
Failed to access the file [ fileProvider: com.google.Drive.FileProviderExtension, systemError: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4101 "Geen communicatie mogelijk met een helperapp." UserInfo={ NSUnderlyingError=0x1234ABCD { Error Domain=trash Code=0 "(null)" } } ]

Similar problem described on KeePassium web site

FUSE filesystem over Google Drive (google-drive-ocamlfuse)

If you use google-drive-ocamlfuse with KeePassXC, KeePassium might often complain that Google Drive does not respond. The detailed diagnostic info shows that the database file has been deleted:

Failed to access the file [ fileProvider: com.google.Drive.FileProviderExtension, systemError: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4101 "Geen communicatie mogelijk met een helperapp." UserInfo={ NSUnderlyingError=0x1234ABCD { Error Domain=trash Code=0 "(null)" } } ] The reason is that google-drive-ocamlfuse creates a new file ID when KeePassXC saves the database. Since KeePassium tries to access the database using an old reference, Google Drive repots that the old file has been deleted.

The solution is to open ~/.gdfuse/default/config and set mv_keep_target=true.

Do is possible to config similar behaviour as described above for macFuse?

Thanks

Artur