Distro Pages

Scott Shawcroft

Aug 18, 2009, 2:10:56 AM8/18/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've added the beginnings of a distro page to the site.  They are linked from the front page.  Here is Gentoo's page: http://oswatershed.org/distro/gentoo

I've been busy with starting work and moving but things are starting to settle down a bit.  More coming when I have the time.  :-D
~Scott

Seo Sanghyeon

Aug 18, 2009, 5:28:35 AM8/18/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
2009/8/18 Scott Shawcroft <scott.s...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
> I've added the beginnings of a distro page to the site.  They are linked
> from the front page.  Here is Gentoo's page:
> http://oswatershed.org/distro/gentoo

Nice.

I just noticed that http://oswatershed.org/distro/debian lists python
as lagging, but Python 3.x is packaged as "python3" in Debian, not
"python"...

--
Seo Sanghyeon

Andreas Jaeger

Aug 18, 2009, 5:39:24 AM8/18/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 18 August 2009 11:28:35 Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
> 2009/8/18 Scott Shawcroft <scott.s...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> > I've added the beginnings of a distro page to the site. They are linked
> > from the front page. Here is Gentoo's page:
> > http://oswatershed.org/distro/gentoo

Looking at the openSUSE page I noticed:
* firefox has as upstream 3.6a1.source - this does not make sense, it's an
Alpha version!
* openSUSE Factory has 0.7.1 since a couple of weeks but the report lists
still 0.7.0.
* Linux kernel is listed as 2.6.31 and upstream as 2.6.27.31? 2.6.27.31 is
wrong

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

signature.asc

Andreas Jaeger

Aug 18, 2009, 5:42:05 AM8/18/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
One more issue, gimp is listed as upstream version 2.7.0 but that's a
development release. IMO development releases are taken by distributions but
we should not enforce this, so listening 2.7.0 gives the wrong impression.
signature.asc

Scott Shawcroft

Aug 18, 2009, 12:46:13 PM8/18/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
There are definitely issues with the data.  The most important are the ones are where data is old or the sorting is wrong.  Distinguishing between development and stable releases would be nice but seems very hard to do in an automated way.  I can look into these issues when I have a chance.
~Scott

Scott Shawcroft

Aug 19, 2009, 9:24:18 PM8/19/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Debian may not have python3 linked to python.

Scott Shawcroft

Aug 19, 2009, 9:51:30 PM8/19/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Andreas,
I fixed the kernel issue.  I was taking the most recent release and not the 'highest'.
~Scott