Welcome!

Scott Shawcroft

Jul 28, 2009, 11:13:02 PM7/28/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I'm glad you've joined the group.  Below is my current TODO list.  Please ask questions about the items that interest you.  I'm not working too much on it because I'm starting my job at Google.  However, I'm totally into this project and plan on working on it a bit each week.  So at least please let me know what interests you the most so I can focus my effort.
Thanks,
Scott

Email Requests
1. Add "Mandriva" data.
2. man != opensuse man (man-db instead) (unlinks table)
    unlink debian/ubuntu ruby
3. map python packages xxx <- python-xxx
4. Add "Foresight Linux" data.
5. Email upon obsoletion.
6. Add "Linux Mint" data.
7. RSS feed the ranks.
8. Add gentoo masked packages.
9. Add "Pardus" data.

Personal Todo.
1. Add more detailed distro pages.
2. Version tree testing. Edge cases!
3. Add users and data grooming features.
    a. Package link names.
    b. Upstream sources.
    c. Custom analysis groups.

Allan McRae

Jul 28, 2009, 11:55:48 PM7/28/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Scott Shawcroft wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm glad you've joined the group. Below is my current TODO list.
> Please ask questions about the items that interest you. I'm not
> working too much on it because I'm starting my job at Google.
> However, I'm totally into this project and plan on working on it a bit
> each week. So at least please let me know what interests you the most
> so I can focus my effort.
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> <snip>

> 1. Add more detailed distro pages.

Something I am interested in an would fit on this sort of page would be
a list of the most outdated packages in a particular distro. We all
notice when a high profile package is out-of-date, but it would be
interesting to see what other packages are lagging behind.

Allan

Scott Shawcroft

Jul 29, 2009, 12:10:18 AM7/29/09
to oswat...@googlegroups.com
Totally!  One of the main reasons I haven't done it yet is because I want to make sure its not just distrowatch.  The most out of date packages could be very interesting.  Especially if the computation is done versus comparable versions of other distros because adoption by other distros could indicate stability.
~Scott