UVI DUPLICATES

חן גפסון

Aug 5, 2021, 9:12:07 AM8/5/21
to osv-discuss
Hello,
I have noticed today there are some UVI numbers with the same summery and commit.
I wanted to ask you if you noticed about it?
I can give you an example-
UVI-2021-1000059 and  UVI-2021-1000169 - they with the same summary and if you get into the commit, its the same one.

Thank you and have a good day

Josh Bressers

Aug 18, 2021, 12:28:50 PM8/18/21
to osv-discuss
They aren't the same fix. The underlying problem is the same, but the Kernel has asked that every branch commit gets its own identifier.

It's not how identifiers work today, there has been a lot of back and forth over if this is correct. I mostly agree with the Kernel folks on this, but it's a topic that's quite open to discussion.

If OSV doesn't want such discussion here, feel free to ask on the UVI list

Thanks

--
    Josh