can you spare a helping hand, preparing Thanksgiving food baskets at APDS

1 view

Dr. Wilkinson founder of the OSU YVPAB

Nov 21, 2009, 7:11:42 AM11/21/09
to OSU Youth Violence Prevention Advisory Board
Greetings,

As we near Thanksgiving Day, I’m reflecting on things that have
happened since last Thanksgiving season. I have personally
experienced and witnessed others enjoying many pleasant and “WOW”
moments. I am thankful and joyful for those moments that my family
has experienced and others have experienced. In addition, this is a
time of season when in the mist of our reasons to be thankful, we are
humbled by the challenges of others who are less fortunate in our
society. It’s that time of the year when APDS, Byron Saunders
Foundation, and the students of The Columbus Africentric Early College
provide and distribute Thanksgiving food baskets to those families who
could use a helping hand; at least for this moment in their lives.

Baskets will be distributed on Monday, November 23 beginning at 5:00
pm at The Columbus Africentric Early College located at 300 East
Livingston Ave. Columbus, OH 43215. Recipients must have completed
and submitted the attached application to APDS (new timeline – by
November 23rd noon) to determine if they meet requirements to receive
a basket.

I’m sending this email to request more volunteers to unload the food
truck and pack the food baskets on Sunday, November 22nd 3:00pm at The
Africentric Early College, 300 E. Livingston Ave. Our goal each of
the past 4 years has been to provide food for at least 100 families.
Each year we surpassed our goal. Last year we served 217 families.
So this year, the Byron Saunders Foundation has committed to provide
enough food for 250 families. Obviously we need more volunteers, so
please join in our efforts to make others Thanksgiving “more
thankful.”

Please reply to this email or call our office to confirm your
participation.

Yours in building community,

Jerry Saunders, Sr., Chief Executive Officer

APDS: Where Self-Empowerment is Our Specialty

APDS provides intensive and non-intensive substance abuse treatment,
violence prevention services, youth after-school and summer day camp
programs, workforce readiness program for young adults, male and
female support groups, and GED classes. APDS is a 501(C) 3 non-profit
institution and donations to APDS are tax deductible. Please support
APDS and donate using PayPal below. Thanks!

Click here to donate to APDS

Africentric Personal Development Shop, Inc. (APDS)
1409 E. Livingston Avenue - Columbus, OH 43205
(614) 253-4448 (614) 253-8781 facsimile
(614) 496-1991 mobile
www.apdsinc.org

APDS Imhotep Learning Institute
Hope Lutheran Church - 820 Lilley Avenue
Columbus, OH 43205 - (614) 258-6634

APDS Satellite Office - COWIC One Stop Shop
Jerry Hammond Center
1111 E. Broad Street - Columbus, OH 43205
(614) 559-5035