limits on number of ports/sessions to switches from ostinato

Peter Zhang

Jan 22, 2021, 11:11:44 AM1/22/21
to ostinato

we are trying to scale out with Ostinato connecting to 127 switches ( 3 ports per switch ), we are hitting an error "too many open files".

Is there a limit on how many sessions/ports we can establish between Ostinato and switches ?

Thank you
Peter

Srivats P

Jan 22, 2021, 11:14:03 AM1/22/21
to Peter Zhang, ostinato
Peter,

I'm not sure, I understand your topology/connectivity.

Where are you running the Drone agent? How many Drones are you
running? How many ports does the device running drone have?

A diagram would help to understand.

Srivats (Author, Ostinato)
> --
> Get Ostinato News and Updates on Twitter - Follow @ostinato (http://twitter.com/ostinato)
> ---

Peter Zhang

Jan 22, 2021, 10:51:37 PM1/22/21
to Srivats P, ostinato
It's just one drone connected to a mininet network on the same VM server

Thanks

Srivats P

Jan 24, 2021, 12:15:00 AM1/24/21
to Peter Zhang, ostinato
You might be hitting the Linux kernel limit. The current max limit can
be viewed and changed using the "ulimit" command -
https://ss64.com/bash/ulimit.html

You will need to restart the process after changing the limit.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Srivats (Author, Ostinato)

Srivats P

Feb 9, 2021, 8:16:30 AM2/9/21