IPv6 Flow label

Cael Vick (KL3002)

Apr 18, 2024, 11:28:27 PMApr 18
to ostinato
I'm using the flow label field in the IPv6 packet. I need the access list to permit traffic with the specified flow label. I input the flow label in ostinato. I input the flow label in the Cisco IOS access rule.
I then use Wireshark and inspect the packet. The flow label does not match the one input in ostinato. I think this is why the access list is not picking it up as the flow label is not the same.
I need assistance configuring the Flow label so its recognised correctly by the access list.
Relevant images attached. Any help is appreciated.flow label in access list.pngflow label in ostinato.pngflow label in wireshark.png

Srivats P

Apr 19, 2024, 3:44:25 AMApr 19
to Cael Vick (KL3002), ostinato
Hi Cael,

Ostinato and Wireshark show the flow label in hexadecimal while the Cisco CLI accepts the value in decimal.

Change Ostinato Label value to 2B67 and the problem should go away.

Srivats (Founder, Ostinato)
Now generate up to 100Gbps 🚀 with the Ostinato Turbo add-on!

--
Get Ostinato News and Updates on Twitter - Follow @ostinato (http://twitter.com/ostinato)
---

Cael Vick