start Ostinato

Claudio Tonelli

Sep 11, 2022, 12:26:35 PM9/11/22
to ostinato
Hi Srivats, i'm Claudio from Italy and i have bought an Ostinato 1.2 license for windows.
i have installed it on win 10 and i have installed wireshark too. when i start Ostinato the program says that is not able to find the file packet.dll that is included in winpcap but is an old version of the packet capture driver... the latest version of wireshark use npcap because winpcap is not compatible with win 10. What can i do to start the program?
thank you very much in advance.
Claudio

Srivats P

Sep 12, 2022, 3:05:37 AM9/12/22
to Claudio Tonelli, ostinato
Hi Claudio,

By default npcap is installed in "winpcap-api compatible mode" which copies wpcap.dll and packet.dll to the Windows system directory.

It's likely that in your case it was not installed in winpcap compatible mode.

Please copy packet.dll into the same folder as ostinato.exe and retry. You may need to copy wpcap.dll as well.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Srivats (Founder, Ostinato)
Generate 🚀 wire speed 10/25/40G traffic with the new Ostinato Turbo add-on!

--
Get Ostinato News and Updates on Twitter - Follow @ostinato (http://twitter.com/ostinato)
---

Claudio Tonelli

Sep 12, 2022, 9:46:28 AM9/12/22
to ostinato
Hi Srivats, thank you very much for your advice now the program work perfectly!!!
Claudio

CAP ITT

Sep 28, 2022, 11:15:19 PM9/28/22
to ostinato
Hello Scrivats,

I successfully installed Ostinato on Win 11 as well. I needed to manually installed Npcap and ensure the "winpcap-api compatible mode" option was selected. Thank you.

Regards
Pierre