Product Capability

Atlas Heston

Mar 23, 2023, 1:02:54 PM3/23/23
to ostinato
HI Ostinato

Product looks great and considering purchasing.

Can I confirm the following prior to purchase:
a) are there any limitations on number of agents that can be deployed with a single purchase?
b) can we configure a port to generate 802.1Q tag based traffic across many VLANs. I assume the connecting switch port would then have to configured for 802.1Q tagging?
c) will it report on packets lost across each stream of traffic that is generated?
d) are we able to generate L7 base traffic

Thank you very much

Srivats P

Mar 23, 2023, 2:11:27 PM3/23/23
to Atlas Heston
Hi Atlas,

Thank you for your interest in Ostinato.

a) are there any limitations on number of agents that can be deployed with a single purchase?

There are no limitations on number of agents.

b) can we configure a port to generate 802.1Q tag based traffic across many VLANs. I assume the connecting switch port would then have to configured for 802.1Q tagging?

Yes, you can generate VLAN tagged and double-tagged traffic across any number of VLANs. When generating tagged traffic the connected port should be able to handle the tagged frames.

c) will it report on packets lost across each stream of traffic that is generated?

Yes, you can use the stream stats feature - Stream Statistics - Ostinato Guides

d) are we able to generate L7 base traffic

It depends on your use case but mostly No, as L7 traffic is usually stateful and Ostinato is stateless.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Srivats (Founder, Ostinato)
Generate 🚀 wire speed 10/25/40G traffic with the new Ostinato Turbo add-on!