Traffic Generator Feature to Support Test Cases

Winyou Kanokperavut

Dec 14, 2021, 9:59:16 AM12/14/21
to ostinato
I have some network test cases including: -

1 Broadcast and Multicast traffic limit

2. Jumbo Frame on both UDP and TCP traffics

3. IGMP Snooping

4. L2 Switching Capacity on both UDP and TCP traffic

5. MAC address scaling

6. Load Test (12 Hrs)

With the above test cases, I have some questions to check Ostinato’s feature including: -

1. Does Ostinator can support all of this with 10 Gbps of throughput?

2. Which kind of license that I should purchase to fulfill this such requirements?

Thank you in advance for your respond

Srivats P

Dec 14, 2021, 10:06:28 AM12/14/21
to Winyou Kanokperavut
Winyou,

I have some network test cases including: -

1 Broadcast and Multicast traffic limit

2. Jumbo Frame on both UDP and TCP traffics

3. IGMP Snooping

4. L2 Switching Capacity on both UDP and TCP traffic

5. MAC address scaling

6. Load Test (12 Hrs)

With the above test cases, I have some questions to check Ostinato’s feature including: -

1. Does Ostinator can support all of this with 10 Gbps of throughput?

Yes, all the above can be supported at 10Gbps line rate.

2. Which kind of license that I should purchase to fulfill this such requirements?

You need any one of the single/bundle packages at https://ostinato.org/pricing - depending on your host system where you would like to run the Ostinato GUI controller. For 10Gbps line rate you will additionally need the Turbo 10G add-on - https://ostinato.org/pricing/turbo

Let me know if you have any questions.

Srivats (Founder, Ostinato)
Need to generate wire speed 10/25/40G traffic? - Try the new Ostinato Turbo add-on!