We can't connect the client to the server, shows that it never connected.

Ziv Mansour

Nov 9, 2020, 7:37:07 AM11/9/20
to ossec-list
Hey, we're trying to connect our Windows servers to OSSEC.
It works for some of them, as for others it isn't.

The error:  ERROR: Incorrectly formatted message from

We used the correct key, as it works on some servers.

dan (ddp)

Nov 10, 2020, 9:38:41 AM11/10/20
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 7:37 AM Ziv Mansour <ziv.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, we're trying to connect our Windows servers to OSSEC.
> It works for some of them, as for others it isn't.
>
> The error: ERROR: Incorrectly formatted message from
>
> We used the correct key, as it works on some servers.

Are each of the keys installed on each server unique? They need to be unique.
Are the packets from the rejected servers coming from the correct IP
addresses (you can use tcpdump on the ossec server to make sure)?