Pan European Open Data Challenge is awarding €20,000 in prizes for uses of open data.

1 view

Alan Kennedy

May 14, 2011, 9:09:35 AM5/14/11
to ossdev-ireland
Hi all,

I'm emailing to bring your attention to an interesting competition
relating to the use of Open Government Data in Europe.

The "Pan European Open Data Challenge" is awarding €20,000 in prizes
for ideas, applications, or visualisations which make use of open
government data in Europe, and also prizes for new data sets. The
competition is open until June 5th 2011.

http://opendatachallenge.org/

The competition is being run by the Open Knowledge Foundation

http://okfn.org/

Microsoft are supporting this effort by providing access to public
data sets in multiple formats

http://dev.govdata.eu/DataCatalog/DataSetList

Microsoft say that their open data platform

"""
will make it very easy for a developer to reuse the data within an
application whatever is the language or the development tool used. At
the moment the platform has 40 datasets, but we are going to upload
more from the CKAN catalogs in different countries.

Moreover if anyone has specific datasets they would like to see
uploaded on the platform for reuse, they can be easily added.
"""

Submit new data requests here

http://dev.govdata.eu/Request/Index/

All the best,