Ebon Upton Talk (3/4) & Raspberry Pi Workshop (5/4) @ Science Gallery

Vicky Twomey-Lee - Python Ireland

Feb 27, 2014, 10:16:35 AM2/27/14
to pythonie, gdg-d...@googlegroups.com, ruby_i...@googlegroups.com, il...@linux.ie, ossdev-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just thought you might be interested in either or both events at Science Gallery. I'm helping them run the Pi workshop on Saturday with folks who helped out in the Coding Grace Intro to Pi workshop back in Jan.

The workshop is open to everyone. :-D

MAKING A COMPUTER: EBEN UPTON, CO-INVENTOR OF THE RASPBERRY PI
THURSDAY, APRIL 3, 2014 - 18:00 TO 19:15
€5 - PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL
Most kids don't program computers anymore. Eben Upton co-invented the Raspberry Pi, a tiny and affordable computer, so that kids could rediscover the satisfaction you get when you write your own programs. Over two million Raspberry Pis have been sold since the company launched in 2012, and there have been several prototypes along the way. Hosted by Newstalk's resident techie JESSICA KELLY, we'll be asking Eben how failing better helped shape each new model.

Book your ticket:

==========

INTERMEDIATE RASPBERRY PI WORKSHOP
SATURDAY, APRIL 5, 2014 - 12:00 TO 17:00
€35 (BYO PI) OR €75 (PI + SD CARD INCLUDED)
A one-day intermediate-level workshop for Raspberry Pi that includes a free ticket to EBEN UPTON’S TALK ON THURSDAY APRIL 3RD and an opportunity to pitch your idea to Eben directly, just before his talk.

In this workshop, you can develop your own idea with some Raspberry Pi masters, but not before meeting Eben Upton and chatting to him about your idea. You can bring your own Raspberry Pi (workshop price €35) or you can order one from us (workshop and Pi price €75).

This is an Advanced Raspberry Pi Workshop, bring your Raspberry Pi, laptop, any peripherals or electronics that you would like to create projects with along with your imagination. The workshop will be split into groups of similar interests, and together with the mentors we will try to create some new Raspberry Pi-o-neering projects

Book your ticket:

If you have an questions about the workshop, let me know.

Cheers,

/// Vicky Twomey-Lee (PyLadies Dublin Founder)