Code Mongrel Open Source Podcast - Season 2's kicked off. Fire up your headphones!

declan

Mar 17, 2010, 5:21:49 PM3/17/10
to ossdev-ireland
Hi folks,

Just dropping a quick line to let you know of Code Mongrel, an Open
Source podcast, that we've put together at codemongrel.com

Season 2 has just started and the first episode, an interview with
marketing lead from the KDE Linux desktop project, is available at
http://www.codemongrel.com/season-2-episode-1-kde-at-fosdem-jos-poortvliet-interview

If you've any feedback then feel free to post it hear against this
thread or leave a comment on the codemongrel.com website.

Enjoy!
Declan

Alan Kennedy

Mar 18, 2010, 11:49:26 AM3/18/10
to ossdev-...@googlegroups.com
[declan]

Hi Declan,

I see that there is no "python" in your tag cloud?

Is there anything we can do get some python articles into the podcast?

Regards,

Alan.

Declan McGrath

Mar 18, 2010, 12:17:05 PM3/18/10
to ossdev-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alan,

I think you just have :-) If you, or anyone else, wants to join in on the recording of the podcast the just ping me or post on this thread. You can bring a topic to the table or else just generally join in. I'd certainly love to get some Python related stuff discussed!

Cheers,
Declan

> Regards,
>
> Alan.

Alan Kennedy

Mar 18, 2010, 12:20:29 PM3/18/10
to ossdev-...@googlegroups.com
[Declan]

> If you, or anyone else, wants to join in on the recording
> of the podcast the just ping me or post on this thread.
> You can bring a topic to the table or else just generally
> join in. I'd certainly love to get some Python related stuff discussed!

Well, we have PyCon Ireland coming up in July of this year, so that
might be a good discussion topic?

Or we can some with a programming topic to discuss if you wish?

I'm happy to drop along and record something: just let me know when and where.

Regards,

Alan.

declan

Mar 21, 2010, 5:07:53 PM3/21/10
to ossdev-ireland
Hi Alan,

That would be great! I'm toying with the idea of doing a recording
session at Open Jam (www.short.ie/openjam) this weekend - depending on
how hectic the schedule gets! If not, then I'd certainly like to go
ahead with doing another episode within the next few weeks. PyCon
Ireland would be a great talking point, as would changes that are
coming into recent Python releases (like unicode representations/
handling) or how Python succeeds at working in tandem with packaging
teams such as Debian's. Plenty of fodder for sure!

Regards,
Declan